We are proposing to make some major changes to the way Big Scrub Landcare operates so as to simplify administration, reduce administration costs and bring us up to date with best practice for community not-for–profit organisations. These changes include the following.
- Annual membership fees will be abandoned for present and future members.
- People becoming members in the future will guarantee to pay $10 only if BSL cannot pay its debts and is liquidated, which is of course extremely unlikely.
- Any present or past member will become a fully-paid member unless they elect not to or cannot be contacted by email or cannot in future be communicated with via email .
- A member who has rendered outstanding service to BSL over many years may be nominated by the committee for election by members as a Distinguished Service Member.
- Email will be used for communicating with our members and supporters.
- Email and other technology may be used for committee communications and resolutions and for ballots of members.
- One fifth of the committee will be required to stand for re-election each year.
- Our name will be changed to Big Scrub Landcare Inc, which is of course our business name and the name by which we are universally known in the general community.